Letter for emergency leave for father's sickness

A leave application letter is written in general to apply for a leave of absence from office for certain period. The leave application letter should contain a valid reason for you leave application, which should convince the employer and make him to grant you leave. A sample leave application letter can be seen below where you can see the format, content and how one should present his reason to their employer.
Letter:
Patricia D. Clark
4474 Grand Avenue
Apopka, FL 32703
12th December 2009
To
Victor Samuel
HR, TractTech Agencies,
Florida.
Dear Victor,
I am writing this letter to formally inform you that my father is experiencing severe head pain due to brain tumour, which doctors diagnosed last week. Doctors also said that he must undergo a major surgery in order to remove the tumour.
The operation is on 18th December and my father wants me to be with him till he recovers from this. Since we have no one here to support us, I am the responsible person to stay with him.
Understanding my situation I kindly request you to grant me leave for one week starting from 16th December. If there are any changes, I will inform you at the earliest.
Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,
Patricia D. Clark

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Letter for emergency leave for father's sickness