Military Leave Request Letter

Military officers and personals are really loaded with work in safeguarding their country, which makes them hard to avail leave from duty. In case of any emergency or important problem in family, it is the duty of the officer to attend it responsibly. Applying for leave via leave letter is the same and the content and the way of writing military leave letter is quite different. Have a look at the sample military letter below.
Letter:
12th April 2003
To,
Wolfe Robert,
Commander General,
Army Head Quarters
California.
Dear Sir,
I am Jean Derks, working as the captain of USA army. I am working in army for the last 7 years and I have been to my home only 3 times in between. I am writing this letter to inform you that I am in need of one month leave to visit my home and take care of my sick mother. Yesterday I got a letter from my family doctor that my mother is diagnosed with cancer and she is in her last stage of life.
As a only son of my mother, it is my responsibility to be with her and make her happy in her final days. so, understanding the situation, I kindly request you to grant me leave for one month. In addition I want to inform you that I have my annual leave allowance, as I have not taken leave during this year.
Thanking you,
Yours Sincerely,
Jean Derks.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Military Leave Request Letter