Request to grant promotion

After working with a firm for some time a person desires a promotion. The promotion is a way of expressing, appreciation for the work done by the person in the firm. Sometimes it is granted by the management without asking for it. If it is not so then a person can write a formal request for it. It should contain all the high points of his career with the firm.
Here is a sample letter asking for promotion:
From:
Sarah Jones
House no- 45,
Central Park Lane,
Orchid Palm Complex,
New York
To:
The Management Committee
Blue Chip Company,
Sigma Building,
New York
22nd June 2010
Ref: Request to grant promotion from the post of Assistant Manager
Dear Sir,
Through the advertisement in the local newspaper I came across that our company is in need of person to head the Designing and Layout Dept. I would like to forward my application for the same.
I have a degree in Graphic Designing and I have been working in the department for the past 3 years. I was actively involved in the 3 major projects that our company had undertaken in these years.
I was personally responsible for the project that we completed successfully, last month for which I was given the best employee award. I, thus feel that I am now ready to take on new responsibilities and more challenging projects. This will help me to use my creativity to the maximum and give our company more benefits.
I hope my candidature for the post will be considered.
Thanking You,
Yours truly,
Sarah Jones

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Request to grant promotion