Writing Retirement Letter to Company

It is good to inform your employer about your retirement by writing a letter. A retirement letter is also helpful in conveying your gratitude to your subordinates. It is also helpful for the employer as it points the exact time of retirement. The employer then can manage the substitute to fill the post.
Here is a sample writing retirement letter:
From:
Alex Pearl
46 A, Elms Street,
London
To:
Mr. Roger Woods
Albert Textiles,
Industrial Area,
London
15th June, 2010
Dear Mr. Woods,
I would like to inform you that my tenure is about to complete and I am retiring from my position of Assistant Manager with Albert Textiles on July 15th, 2010.
I wish to thank you and all the staff members for making my job a memorable one and also for all the opportunities that were given to me. I am and will always be grateful to you for your kind support and encouragement and guidance which helped me a lot in my professional and personal development.
Though I am retiring now but I have enjoyed my work and learnt a lot during my tenure. While I am planning for my retirement but I am surely going to miss my working with the company.
Please let me know if I can be of any help during this transition.
Thank You,
Sincerely,
Alex Pearl

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Writing Retirement Letter to Company