Letter requesting genealogy records from funeral home

Description

Use this letter template to request copies of death records for ancestors. The letter encloses a self-addressed, stamped envelope and an offer to pay for any research or copying costs.

User
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]
[Date]

[Recipient Name]
[Title]
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]

Dear [Recipient Name]:

I am writing to request help in locating death records for my great-grandfather, Stefan Delmarco. He is buried in the Main Street Cemetery in Danville, Pennsylvania. I do not know his exact date of death; however, I do know that he died between 1920 and 1930. As I understand it, your funeral home was one of three operating near Danville during that time. Would it be possible for you to search your records for information on him?
I have enclosed a self-addressed, stamped envelope for your reply. If there are research or copying costs, please send me a bill at the above address. Thank you for your time in considering my request.
Sincerely,
User
Enclosure

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Letter requesting genealogy records from funeral home