Letter requesting reimbursement from travel insurance

Description

Use this letter template when you need assistance from a travel agency in filing a travel insurance reimbursement claim. Enclose copies of unused tickets and information documenting illness which caused the trip cancellation.

User
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]
[Date]

[Recipient Name]
[Title]
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, ST ZIP Code]

Dear [Recipient Name]:

I have been a loyal customer of [Travel Agency Name]for several years and have always appreciated your excellent service. I need your help in resolving a problem and hope you will support my efforts.
I booked an airline trip with your agency that I had to cancel due to illness. (The trip was to [Destination] on [date]via [Name of Airline].) The tickets were non-refundable, and I have been unable to get [Name of Airline]to issue a refund due to illness. Their representative, [Representative Name], said that I would need to obtain a refund through my travel insurance policy.
I know that I purchased a policy for the trip but I don't know what it covers or how to file a claim. I'd appreciate your help, as my official agent for the trip, in obtaining a refund of $[amount] for the tickets. I am attaching copies of my tickets, along with a hospital report documenting my illness. I am only seeking compensation for my actual losses of $[amount].
Please call me with confirmation that my request will be honored. I appreciate your help.
Sincerely,
User
Enclosure

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

Related : Letter requesting reimbursement from travel insurance